We know this is an unprecedented time of uncertainty and anxiety for our residents. We also know that many of our residents are suffering from job losses, furloughs and reduced hours. Fortunately, there is help available. Please see information below according to the Federal Government.
The federal government will be making one-time cash payments directly to our citizens. These payments should be issued during the month of April either by check or direct deposit. How much will you receive?
- Individuals earning less than $75,000 will receive $1,200.
- Married couples earning less than $150,000 will receive $2,400.
- If you have children, you will receive $500 per child.
- Individuals earning more than $75,000 and less than $99,000 – and couples earning more than $150,000 and less than $198,000 – are eligible for a lesser amount.
Enhanced Unemployment Benefits
If you have lost your job, you can apply for state unemployment benefits.
Please visit the Texas Workforce Commission Website for instructions on how to apply.
Congress is enhancing state unemployment to provide more income and to cover more people.
- Adds $600 per week for four months on top of state unemployment.
- Adds up to 13 weeks of additional unemployment benefits to those already enrolled but who are nearing the end of benefits.
- Expands the program to include a number of workers not normally eligible to receive unemployment benefits. This includes:
- Independent contractors/gig workers
- Those with limited work history
- Employees who are still employed, but whose hours have been reduced
It is important to apply as soon as possible. To help expedite aid, the federal government is funding the first week of benefits to encourage states to waive traditional waiting periods, but it may still take a couple of weeks to be processed.
We’re Here to Work with You
We understand there may be a delay in your ability to access these benefits. If that’s the case, please talk to us. We are offering a number of rent flexibility options – payment plans, waived late fees and other options with verified/approved COVID-19 paperwork.
We’re all in this together and all deserve safe and clean housing. We are thankful for the hard work of our employees in keeping our community operational and all they continue to do to prepare for and mitigate the negative consequences of the COVID-19 outbreak at our community. To that end, we rely on rental payments to pay those workers and to cover our mortgage, utilities, maintenance and more.
If rental payments stop flowing, community stability and safety will be disrupted, just when peace of mind is most needed. We remain heartened by the stories of neighbors helping one another. Communities working together to stay safe is what will get us through this crisis, and we are here for you.
Stay Safe and Stay Well,
- Anterra Management Corporation